Neurologically Atypical

Life, the Universe and Everything from an Autism Spectrum Perspective. - WTF?

Monday, October 02, 2006

Solitude

Sometimes I feel like I'm in a castle, where there is a beautiful captive, an evil ogre and Prince Charming - Shrek? Am I one of them, the sum of all of them or just some bystander watching the scene, like Bobby Fischer watching his chess pieces in one of his matches with Victor Korchnoi? I don't see you guys rating the kind of mate I'm contemplating... Can't be too careful with your company. I can feel the devil walking next to me

My past is like that, maybe I should just close the book in which the fairy tale is written and live, like it never happened. Yet the mistakes I have made, the lies I have been told, the people who have betrayed me (including myself), and the things I have done are my history and those who forget their history are doomed to repeat it.

How you turn my world you precious thing.
You starve and near exhaust me.

Everything I've done, I've done for you.
I move the stars for no one.

You've run so long, you've run so far.
Your eyes can be so cruel, just as I can be so cruel
Oh I do believe in you. yes I do.

Live without your sunlight.
Love without your heartbeat.
(Falsetto) I... I...Can't.. live.. within.. you...

Within You (1986: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labyrinth_%28film%29).

I have little I am proud of and very few happy memories, as memory is selective and incomplete I write this in retrospect, so if I was given the chance to return to my past to correct my mistakes, I do not know if I would be able to do so.

One of my problems is that I usually write this when I'm very tired, late at night.
The Midnight Hours are when I am the most nostalgic and paranoid. Who knows what secrets I may reveal or lies I may write?

So I just continue to exist and to live. Now, where is My Second Wind?...

Solitude

My name it means nothing
my fortune is less
My future is shrouded in dark wilderness
Sunshine is far away, clouds linger on
Everything I possessed - Now they are gone

Oh where can I go to and what can I do?
Nothing can please me only thoughts are of you
You shouldn't have left when I begged you to stay
I've not stopped crying since you went away

The world is a lonely place - you're on your own
Guess I will go home - sit down and moan.
Crying and thinking is all that I do
Memories I have remind me of you

- Black Sabbath (1971).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home